Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
y/d Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food
Support for your cat's overactive thyroid
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Hill's Prescription Diet y/d Dry Cat Food is an easy and convenient way to manage a cat's overactive thyroid and the only clinically proven nutrition to decrease thyroid hormone production in 3 weeks when fed as the sole source of nutrition. For best results, consistent and exclusive long-term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product's benefits.
This dry food has a great chicken flavor your cat will love. Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
How it works:
- Limited iodine
- Controlled phosphorus and reduced sodium with omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil
- High levels of L-carnitine to support a healthy body condition
- Omega-6 fatty acids to promote a healthy skin & coat
How it helps:
- Nutrition shown to decrease thyroid hormone (T4) production in 3 weeks
- Supports kidney, heart & urinary health
- Helps maintain lean muscle mass
- Visible improvement in skin & coat
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
- Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Fat, Powdered Cellulose, Egg Product, Chicken Liver Flavor, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Fish Oil, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, DL-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Brewers Dried Yeast, L-Arginine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate), L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of Cat — lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams)|
|6 (2,7)||3/8 (45)|
|8 (3,6)||1/2 (65)|
|10 (4,5)||1/2 (65)|
|12 (5,4)||5/8 (80)|
|14 (6,4)||2/3 (85)|
|16 (7,3)||3/4 (95)|
|18 (8,2)||3/4 (95)|
IMPORTANT: Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another pets food, flavored medicines, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, it is critical that you follow your veterinarian's feeding instructions carefully and feed only Prescription Diet y/d.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
4005 kcal/kg (500 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||32.3 %|
|Crude Fiber||3.8 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of y/d Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food contains 4.4 oz. by weight.
Groundbreaking nutrition that can save the lives of sick pets and comfort the people who care for them.