57% of the cat population is overweight1. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet™ m/d™ clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your cat's glucose and weight management. In fact, m/d is clinically proven nutrition to manage glucose and weight.
1 Pet Obesity Prevention 2014 Study
How it works:
- Therapeutic L-carnitine levels
- High protein & low carbohydrate
- Enriched with arginine and taurine
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Clinically proven to reduce body fat
- Helps maintain lean muscle mass
- Supports a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ m/d™ Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Pork By-Products, Pork Liver, Water, Corn Starch, Powdered Cellulose, Soy Protein Isolate, Chicken Fat, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum, DL-Methionine, Carrageenan, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Potassium Chloride, L-Carnitine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Beta-Carotene.
Weight Control - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Ideal Weight of Cat||Weight loss||Weight Control|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||3/4 Can||1 Can|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||1 Cans||1 1/3 Cans|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 Cans||1 2/3 Cans|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||1 1/4 Cans||1 3/4 Cans|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||1 1/3 Cans||2 Cans|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||1 1/2 Cans||2 1/3 Cans|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||1 2/3 Cans||2 1/2 Cans|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food and treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
|Carbohydrate / NFE||16.3|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.15|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.