Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
k/d with Ocean Fish Dry Cat Food
Clinically proven nutrition that helps protect vital kidney function and increase appetite
with Ocean Fish
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
When cats have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before, like filtering and reabsorbing nutrients. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Therapeutic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition to help protect your cat's vital kidney function, enhance appetite and increase food intake. This dry food is made with ocean fish and has an irresistible taste that your cat will love. In fact, the nutrition of Prescription Diet k/d is clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Reduced phosphorus & sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) Technology for cats
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Stimulates appetite & increases food intake
- Supports the cat's natural ability to build and maintain muscle mass daily
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d with Ocean Fish Dry Cat Food is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits. Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
- Brown Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat, Ocean Fish, Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Egg Product, Chicken Liver Flavor, Whole Grain Wheat, Powdered Cellulose, Wheat Gluten, Pea Protein, Chicken Meal, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Calcium Sulfate, Lactic Acid,Potassium Citrate, L-Arginine, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Threonine, Taurine, DL-Methionine, Iodized Salt, Potassium Chloride, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams)|
|6 (2,7)||1/3 (40)|
|8 (3,6)||3/8 (45)|
|10 (4,5)||1/2 (60)|
|12 (5,4)||5/8 (75)|
|14 (6,4)||2/3 (80)|
|16 (7,3)||3/4 (90)|
|18 (8,2)||3/4 (90)|
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more. Some cats may need longer than 7 days to transition to a new food. Be patient and consistent.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
4151 kcal/kg (506 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||37.6 %|
|Crude Fiber||3.2 %|
|Vitamin C||108 ppm|
|Vitamin E||822 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.12 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||5.19 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of k/d with Ocean Fish Dry Cat Food contains 4.3 oz. by weight.