Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
r/d Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food
Weight loss for dogs
Large Breed, Medium Breed, Small Breed
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Just like the human obesity epidemic, over 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pets quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet r/d clinical nutrition specially formulated to support dogs' weight management. In fact, r/d is clinically proven nutrition for healthy weight loss in just 8 weeks.
This canned food has a ground texture with an irresistible taste that dogs love.
How it works:
- Therapeutic L-carnatine levels
- Optimal blend of soluble & insoluble fiber
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Helps metabolize fat and maintain lean muscle
- Helps your dog feel full & satisfied
- Supports a healthy immune system
Hill's® Prescription Diet® r/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs during weight loss. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
- Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Rice, Soybean Mill Run, Pea Protein, Soybean Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Oil, Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor, Leucine, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), L-Threonine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.
|Ideal Weight of Dog — lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - 12.3 oz (350 g) cans - Weight loss||Amount per Day - 12.3 oz (350 g) cans - Adult maintenance|
|10 (4,5)||3/4||1 1/4|
|15 (6,8)||1||1 1/2|
|20 (9,1)||1 1/4||2|
|30 (14)||1 2/3||2 2/3|
|40 (18)||2||3 1/3|
|50 (23)||2 1/2||4|
|60 (27)||2 3/4||4 1/2|
|70 (32)||3 1/4||5|
|80 (36)||3 1/2||5 1/2|
|100 (45)||4||6 1/2|
|120 (54)||4 2/3||7 1/2|
Prescription Diet™ r/d™ Canine is a complete dietetic pet food for adult dogs for the reduction of excessive body weight. This dietetic pet food has a low energy density.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion
299 kcal / 12.3 oz (350 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||39.7 %|
|Crude Fiber||12.6 %|
|Vitamin C||149 ppm|
|Vitamin E||996 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.4 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||2.91 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.