Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
r/d Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
1.5kg, 3.85kg, 7.98kg, 12.47kg
Weight loss for dogs
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Just like the human obesity epidemic, over 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet r/d clinical nutrition specially formulated to support dogs' weight loss. In fact, r/d is clinically proven nutrition for healthy weight loss in just 8 weeks. This dry food has an irresistible chicken flavor that dogs love.
How it works:
- Therapeutic L-carnitine levels
- Optimal blend of soluble & insoluble fiber
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Helps metabolize fat and maintain lean muscle
- Helps your dog feel full & satisfied
- Supports a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet r/d Dry Dog Food is intended for intermittent feeding only and is not recommended for long-term feeding (over 6 months). Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
- Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Pork Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Caramel color, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat, L-Lysine, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), DL-Methionine, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.
|Ideal Weight of Dog — lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams) - Weight loss||Amount per Day - cups (grams) - Adult maintenance|
|5 (2,3)||1/2 (40)||7/8 (70)|
|10 (4,5)||7/8 (70)||1 1/2 (125)|
|15 (6,8)||1 1/4 (105)||2 (165)|
|20 (9,1)||1 1/2 (125)||2 1/2 (205)|
|30 (14)||2 (165)||3 1/4 (265)|
|40 (18)||2 1/2 (205)||4 (330)|
|50 (23)||3 (245)||4 3/4 (390)|
|60 (27)||3 1/2 (290)||5 1/2 (450)|
|70 (32)||3 3/4 (310)||6 1/4 (515)|
|80 (36)||4 1/4 (350)||6 3/4 (555)|
|100 (45)||5 (410)||8 (660)|
|120 (54)||5 3/4 (475)||9 1/4 (760)|
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
2943 kcal/kg (242 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||37.2 %|
|Crude Fiber||14.6 %|
|Vitamin C||192 ppm|
|Vitamin E||681 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.35 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||2.63 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of r/d Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food contains 2.9 oz. by weight.