Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
k/d with Chicken Dry Dog Food
1.5kg, 3.85kg, 6.5kg, 7.98kg
Clinically proven nutrition that helps protect vital kidney function and increase appetite
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
When dogs have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before, like filtering and reabsorbing nutrients. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Therapeutic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Dogs with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition to help protect your dog's vital kidney function and enhance appetite and increase food intake. This dry food is made with chicken and has an irresistible taste that your dog will love. In fact, the nutrition of Prescription Diet k/d is clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Reduced phosphorus & sodium, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) Technology for dogs
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Enhances appetite & increases food intake
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build and maintain lean muscle
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d with Chicken Dry Dog Food is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits.
Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
- Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken, Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Pork Liver Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Lactic Acid, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, DL-Methionine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, L-Threonine, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, Magnesium Oxide, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of Dog — lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams)|
|5 (2,3)||1/2 (50)|
|10 (4,5)||7/8 (85)|
|15 (6,8)||1 1/4 (125)|
|20 (9,1)||1 1/2 (150)|
|30 (14)||2 (200)|
|40 (18)||2 1/2 (250)|
|50 (23)||3 (295)|
|60 (27)||3 1/3 (330)|
|70 (32)||3 3/4 (370)|
|80 (36)||4 1/4 (420)|
|100 (45)||5 (495)|
|120 (54)||5 2/3 (560)|
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more. Some dogs may need longer than 7 days to transition to a new food. Be patient and consistent.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
4001 kcal/kg (397 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||56.8 %|
|Crude Fiber||1.4 %|
|Vitamin C||146 ppm|
|Vitamin E||729 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.93 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||4.49 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of k/d with Chicken Dry Dog Food contains 3.5 oz. by weight.