Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Feline Chicken & Vegetable Stew
The kidneys filter waste and toxins from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets age, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible and leads to loss of kidney function. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline, which may lead to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d® clinical nutrition to support your cat's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - the building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Supports your cat's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Using 2.9 oz (82 g) can
Weight of Cat - lb (kg) Amount per Day 6 lb (2,7 kg) 2 1/2 Cans 8 lb (3,6 kg) 3 Cans 10 lb (4,5 kg) 3 1/2 Cans 12 lb (5,4 kg) 4 1/2 Cans 14 lb (6,4 kg) 5 Cans 16 lb (7,3 kg) 5 1/2 Cans 18 lb (8,2 kg) 6 Cans
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Feline Chicken & Vegetable Stew provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Water, Chicken, Pork Liver, Carrots, Rice, Rice Starch, Spinach, Chicken Fat, Pea Protein, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Soy Protein Isolate, Fish Oil, Potassium Alginate, Soybean Oil, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Guar Gum, Potassium Citrate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, Calcium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Threonine, Potassium Chloride, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate), L-Carnitine, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Calcium Carbonate.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
70 kcal / 2.9 oz (82 g) can
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 30.0 Fat 24.6 Crude Fiber 2.8 Carbohydrate / NFE 38.0 Calcium 0.77 Phosphorous 0.49 Sodium 0.23 Potassium 1.05 Magnesium 0.059 Taurine 0.41 Carnitine 550.1 ppm Vitamin C 152 ppm Vitamin E 748 IU/kg DHA 0.284 EPA 0.300 Total Omega-3 FA 1.10 Total Omega-6 FA 4.03
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.