Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's PRESCRIPTION DIET
a/d with Chicken Wet Dog/Cat Food
Nutritional support that encourages eating for pets recovering from surgery, illness or injury
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Cats and dogs can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from surgery, illness or injury. While under these stressful conditions, your pet is challenged to maintain their strong natural defenses which makes it even more important to feed the right food to help your pet bounce back from these tough situations.
Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet a/d, clinically tested nutrition specially formulated for dogs and cats recovering from surgery, illness or injury so you can feel confident you are giving your pet your best.
How it works:
- High levels of digestible protein and fat to support recovery
- Smooth, soft, moist and thixotropic consistency, stirring makes it more liquid, to enable multiple feeding options
- Clinically proven antioxidants to support immune function & healing
How it helps:
- Energy dense and rich in calories to provide the energy needed during recovery
- Exceptional taste to encourage eating
- Maximum flexibility in feeding - by hand, bowl, spoon, syringe or tube - to deliver the essential nutrients critically ill pets need
- Bolsters immune system and supports your pet's natural ability to heal
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only. Not recommended for long-term feeding (more than 6 months). Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your pet to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
- Water, Turkey Giblets, Pork Liver, Chicken, Corn Flour, Pork Protein Isolate, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Natural Flavor, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Guar Gum, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Oxide, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), Beta-Carotene.
|Weight of Animal||Critical care-Cage rest||Critical care-Severe burn, injury, head trauma||Critical care-Surgery, sepsis, cancer, trauma, fever, feline hepatic lipidosis|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||117 ml||140 ml||187 ml|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||166 ml||200 ml||266 ml|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||197 ml||236 ml||315 ml|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||267 ml||320 ml||427 ml|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||331 ml||397 ml||529 ml|
|30 lb (14 kg)||448 ml||538 ml||717 ml|
|40 lb (18 kg)||556 ml||668 ml||890 ml|
|50 lb (23 kg)||658 ml||789 ml||1052 ml|
|60 lb (27 kg)||754 ml||905 ml||1207 ml|
|70 lb (32 kg)||847 ml||1016 ml||1355 ml|
|80 lb (36 kg)||936 ml||1123 ml||1497 ml|
|90 lb (41 kg)||1022 ml||1227 ml||1635 ml|
|100 lb (45 kg)||1106 ml||1327 ml||1770 ml|
Hill's™ PRESCRIPTION DIET™ a/d™ Dog/Cat Food is a complete dietetic pet food for dogs and cats. This dietetic pet food is intended for nutritional restoration (convalescence) and feline hepatic lipidosis, and has a high energy density, a high concentration of essential nutrients and highly digestible ingredients.
Individual requirements may vary depending on pre-existing nutritional status and medical condition. Use only as directed by your veterinarian.
183 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||13.3 %|
|Crude Fiber||0.1 %|
|Vitamin C||371 ppm|
|Vitamin E||768 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||2.44 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||6.71 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
Groundbreaking nutrition that can save the lives of sick pets and comfort the people who care for them.