Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
Hill's Prescription Diet
1.5kg, 3.5kg, 5.5kg, 12.47kg
Help dogs quickly and naturally lose weight by activating their unique metabolism
Weight Loss & Maintenance
Chicken and Vegetables
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Just like the human obesity epidemic, over 55% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with family as the extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog. Maintaining ideal weight can help impact life expectancy by reducing risk of weight-related conditions.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet Metabolic clinical nutrition specially formulated to help dogs lose weight and keep the lost weight off naturally by activating their unique metabolism. This food stimulates dog's natural ability to burn fat and keep them playful & active. Its unique blend of fiber helps keep dogs feeling full and reduces food hunger between meals.
In fact, 96% of dogs lost weight at home in 2 months when fed the nutrition of Metabolic. This dry food is made with chicken flavor and has an irresistible taste that dogs love.
How it works:
- Activates pet's metabolism for easy and effective weight loss
- Stimulate dog's natural ability to burn fat
- Unique blend of fiber helps keep your dog feeling full and satisfied
How it helps:
- 96% of dogs lost weight at home in 2 months
- Helps keep lost weight off and provides energy for active play
- Easy weight loss: dogs lose weight without excessively reducing portion sizes
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Dry Dog Food provides all the nutrition dogs needs to lose and maintain weight by activating their unique metabolism. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
- Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Dried Tomato Pomace, Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor, Chicken Fat, Flaxseed, Coconut Oil, Lactic Acid, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Lipoic Acid, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, L-Carnitine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
|Ideal Weight of Dog — lbs (kgs)||Amount per Day - cups (grams) - Weight loss||Amount per Day - cups (grams) - Adult maintenance|
|5 (2,3)||1/2 (40)||3/4 (60)|
|10 (4,5)||7/8 (70)||1 3/8 (115)|
|15 (6,8)||1 1/8 (90)||1 7/8 (155)|
|20 (9,1)||1 1/2 (125)||2 1/4 (185)|
|30 (14)||2 (165)||3 (245)|
|40 (18)||2 1/3 (190)||3 3/4 (310)|
|50 (23)||2 3/4 (225)||4 1/2 (370)|
|60 (27)||3 1/4 (265)||5 1/4 (430)|
|70 (32)||3 2/3 (300)||5 3/4 (475)|
|80 (36)||4 (330)||6 1/2 (535)|
|100 (45)||4 3/4 (390)||7 2/3 (630)|
|120 (54)||5 1/2 (450)||8 3/4 (720)|
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams.
For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods
- Keep fresh water available at all times
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children
3124 kcal/kg (257 kcal/cup†)
|Carbohydrate / NFE||40.5 %|
|Crude Fiber||13.6 %|
|Vitamin C||209 ppm|
|Vitamin E||1093 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||0.76 %|
|Total Omega-6 FA||2.39 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's Prescription Diet contains 2.9 oz. by weight.